How to earn your award To earn this award, you need to complete two personal challenges that you agree with your Leader. You should choose one of the challenges and your leader will choose the other. Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.
Guidance for Leaders:The challenges should be things that you find difficult but can complete with some effort and commitment. They can be to do with any part of your life, for example home, school or Beavers. Here are some example challenges to help you think about what you could do. You don’t have to pick a challenge from this list, you should choose to do something which is personal to you.
- Look after a new Beaver for half a term
- Talk about a topic you are interested in with an adult you don’t know very well
- Bring your scarf to Beavers every week for a term
- Remember to brush your teeth twice a day for two weeks
- Show good behaviour at Beavers for 3 weeks in a row
- Try something new that you are a bit nervous about
- Go to a District fun day and talk to some other Beavers you don’t know
- Try all of the food on Beaver sleepover
- Remember to feed your pet every morning for a week