This badge was released in January 2018. As such, we do not have a stock of them yet and any orders will be sent on as soon as they are received from our supplier.
How to earn your badge
- Find out what seasons are best to grow a selection of six fruits and vegetables. Find out what it is about those seasons that make them the right time to grow your fruit and vegetables.
- Learn what tools you need to garden (a minimum of three) and show that you know how to use them safely.
- Help to look after and grow at least one item in a garden or allotment for two months. Alternatively, grow at least two different fruits, vegetables or herbs for two months indoors or in plant pots.
- Design plant labels for the plants you are looking after or growing.
- Understand what mini beasts are and why they are good for our gardens and outdoor spaces. Visit a bug hotel and record what you find living there.
- herbs such as basil or mint
- vegetables such as lettuce or runner beans
- fruits such as tomatoes or strawberries